Servings: 9 pastries
For the Peach Tartlets:
1 sheet 1/2 lb. puff pastry 1 egg beaten well with a fork
2 large 1/2 lb. fresh peaches
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup sliced almonds
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Thaw pastry 20 minutes at room temp, or until you can unfold
the pastry. Cut into 9 equal-sized squares and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet,
spacing 1-inch apart.
2. Beat 1 egg in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Slice peaches into 1/3″ thick slices and place in a medium mixing bowl. Sprinkle with 2
Tbsp. sugar, 1 Tbsp. flour, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla and gently fold together
with a spatula.
4. Layer 3 to 4 peach slices over the center of each pastry square. Avoid getting peach juice
on pastry edges. Brush pastry edges generously with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sliced
5. Bake on the center oven rack at 400˚F for 17-19 min or until puffed and golden at the
edges, turning the sheet halfway through baking. Note: Do not over-bake. It browns
quickly towards the end. Remove from oven and let cool on the pan for 10 min.
6. While pastry cools, make the glaze: in a measuring cup, stir together 1/2 cup powdered
sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 1 Tbsp. milk. Add more milk if needed to reach desired
consistency then drizzle over your warm pastries.