5 Steps to Canning:
1. Get Prepared: Read recipe. Gather all equipment and ingredients. Wash jars, lids, and bands in hot, soapy water. Rinse, dry, and keep jars warm.
2. Place rack in pot and fill the pot with water to cover the jars by 1-2 inches. Bring water to a simmer. Turn off heat, cover, set aside.
3. Get cooking! Prepare your chosen recipe as directed.
4. Using a funnel, fill jars with food and leave required space at top. Run a knife around edge of jar between food and glass to let air bubbles escape. Wipe rim of jar with a clean cloth to clear edge of any food. Place lid on jar. Screw band on jar. Repeat with remaining jars.
5. Place filled jars into pot of water on rack. Cover and bring water to rolling boil. Begin timing when water reaches full boil. When finished cooking, turn off heat and let jars sit in water for five minutes. Remove jars and allow to cool on wire rack or towel. Check to make sure jars have sealed. Label jars and store for up to one year.